Who We Are
- that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead. 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- that every person has worth as a creation of God, but that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- that forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. John 3:16
- that those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord should confess their faith, repent of their sins and be baptized. Romans 10: 9 - 10, Acts 2:38
- that the Church is the body of Christ on earth and exists to save the lost and edify the saved. Ephesians 4: 1 - 16
- that Jesus Christ will one day return for his Church and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.IThessalonians 4: 13 - 18
- that the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God and our only source for truth about God, His church and the plan of salvation
Our Mission Statement
Our mission at Sandy Bottom Christian Church is to educate and instruct all people, in our community and world, in the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." -Matthew 28: 19-20
Our Church Vision Statement
As a unified body of baptized believers, we will win the lost by REACHING OUT, TEACHING, DEVELOPING, and EXPANDING.
REACHING OUT- We will reach out to the unchurched and lost in our community and world. We will share the good news of Jesus Christ, His death, burial, and resurrection to save us from our sins. (Matt. 28: 19-20)
TEACHING- We will instruct our members and attendees in the Word, so that we may live lives that may be pleasing unto God. (Col. 3: 16)
DEVELOPING- We will develop the talents of our church leaders and every member of our church in the daily walk with the Lord. We will strive to help one another reach their full potential for Christ. (Eph. 4: 11-12)
EXPANDING- We will work to make sure we have the resources to provide all that God has called us to do. (Matt. 7: 7-8)
In the next five we need to strive to fulfill our mission given in Matthew 28. Here is a vision of how we should go about fulfilling that mission.
- We will have a minimum of 230 active church members in attendance each and every Sunday morning for worship service.
- We will average 120 people in our Sunday School each Sunday.
- We will seek to purchase a bus and offer bus service for shut-ins and those who are unable to drive themselves to church. DONE!
- We will have an expansion project under way to insure that we will be to provide space and accommodations to those in need.